- 1 kg of sugar per 2 kg of whole fruit - ginger or cinnamon (optional)
• Press the citrus preserve aside the juice and seeds.
• Blanch the peel for 20 minutes. If they are very thick after cooking remove some of the white spoon to reduce bitterness (optional).
• Cut the peel into thin strips.
• Add the sugar in proportion to 500 g per kg of mixed juice + peel, seeds in a bag of cheesecloth, a touch of spice as citrus chosen (ginger and / or cinnamon with clementine and orange).
• Simmer until desired consistency.
Good to know:
Flavors for every time of the year:
January / February: clementine, orange, lemon, kumquat
March: sweet orange, mandarin, kumquat
April to November: pomelo
August to October: lime (lime), citron green
November: clementine, lemon, citron yellow or green
December: clementine, lemon, bitter orange, citron
As with berries, citrus flavrs blend well together. Here are some particularly tasty combinations:
3 kg of clementines, lemons 2 kg, 1 kg of bitter oranges
4 kg of sweet oranges, bitter oranges 1 kg + cinnamon
2 kg of lemons, limes 2 kg (+ ginger optional)
3 kg of clementines or mandarin oranges 2 kg
Jam or lemon citron freezes hard. Continue cooking the fruit is caramelized. To reduce the cooking time and get a jam gelled the beautiful color of fruit, add natural pectin.