(one I made up, heavier, more firm and creamy, no starch, less sugar)
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 1 pkg geletine
- 1 cup water (or strong fresh ginger tea for flavour)
- 1/2 C heavy (whipping) cream
- Separate the whites and yolks into their own bowls. Beat the whites, then the yolks.
- Add the honey to the egg yolks whisk until the mixture becomes light colored and foamy.
- To the yolk-sugar mixture, add water (or ginger tea), then add the lemon juice and zest.
- Cook almost to the boil over low heat, add one oackage of geletin while whisking constantly. When the cornstarch thickens and the consistency resembles that of the cream, stop cooking, remove from stove.
and let cool.
- Whip cream.
- Beat egg whites until firm, fold into the lemon mixture with a wooden spoon, not a whisk.
- Fold in the whipped cream in the same way.
- Pour the mousse into 4 glasses and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving cold.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and sliver of lemon slice. Candied peel is better.