- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons (some sort of) flour
- 14 ounces chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh green chile pepper, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
Mix soy sauce and flour together in a large bowl until blended. Add chicken and mix until coated.
Mix water, fish sauce, brown sugar, and tamarind paste together in a bowl.
Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic, chile pepper, and ginger and fry for 1 to 3 minutes. Remove chicken from the marinade and add to the wok; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1/2 the tamarind sauce mixture to the wok and continue stir-frying until liquid dries up. Add remaining sauce and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside and sauce is thickened to desired consistency, 10 to 15 minutes more.