Coconut Lime Cupcakes|
1/3 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbl lime zest (packed)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut extract
1 cup flour
1 cup shredded coconut
- If necessary, heat the coconut oil in a pan. While the oil is still warm, add the sugar.
- Add the coconut milk, egg, vanilla extract, coconut extract, and lime zest. Make sure the mixture is cool enough before you add the egg.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and shredded coconut.
- Fill a cupcake lined cupcake tin about 3/4 of the way. (This recipe makes a dozen.) Bake for 24 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting.
1/4 cup Coconut Oil (organic, virgin, unrefined)
(1/2 cup Cocoa Powder if you want to make chocolate frosting), but add 16 oz sugar instead of 4)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Cream (added 1-2 Tablespoons at a time)
- Cream Coconut Oil.
- Add powdered sugar (optionally cocoa powder) to Coconut Oil.
- Add cream to the Coconut Oil mixture. ( I would start with 2 tbsp. of milk and add 1-2 tbsp. at a time to achieve the right consistency).
- Dump a load of frosting on top and then place the flaked coconut on top by hand (so that they don't break). Add a slice of lime on top.