For the first base:
175g butter, at room temperature
For the second base:
For the topping:
1.5kg plums, halved, stones removed
1. Grease a baking tray (roughly 30cm x 40cm). Preheat a conventional oven to 175C.
2. For the first base, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix with your hands. Roll out onto a floured working area and place into the baking tray.
3. Bake for roughly 10-15 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool, keeping the oven on at the same temperature.
4. For the second base, whisk the butter until light and fluffy, add the sugar and vanilla seeds, and mix well. Add one egg at a time and mix each egg into the batter until well incorporated.
5. Add the flour, cornflour and baking powder, and gently fold into the batter. Pour over the first base in the baking tray, spread evenly, top with plums and bake for roughly 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with caster sugar while still hot and allow to cool. Mix ground coriander with icing sugar and using a sieve, sprinkle over the plum cake just before serving.