"97%+ of geologists agreed the continents were stable. It was Settled Science. Hundreds of research papers supported it. Overwhelming consensus. And wrong. And, oddly (not really, if you think about it a moment), it was not a geologist but a meteorologist, Alfred Wegener, who ultimately showed all the mutually agreeing geologists they had it all wrong; the continents move." - Dr. Michael K. Oliver
1) Never mistake consensus for truth. It took 300 years for "germ theory" to be accepted because the "scientific consensus" was tht "foul humors" caused disease. Consensus can be wrong. Also look at how it's measured and never mistake consensus for truth.
2) In the 2012 IPCC report, 75% error bars marred the proof CO2 affects climate
3) Because of this only 2.5% of the contributors signed off on it.
4) To correct this optics problem a grad student was commissioned and wrote Cook 2013 which showed 97% of scientists agree with the AGW theory.
5) Legates et. al. 2015 pointed out this 97% was actually only 75 out of 77 scientists - all of who were on climate grants. They also give a real % of world (not a cherry picked subset on grants) scientists who support the horribly flawed AGW hypothesis:. 0.3%.
Here's what an honest man looks like:
"“The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist books – mine included – because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn’t happened,” Lovelock said.
“The climate is doing its usual tricks. There’s nothing much really happening yet. We were supposed to be halfway toward a frying world now,” he said."
'I made a mistake'
"As “an independent and a loner,” he said he did not mind saying “All right, I made a mistake.”
"He claimed a university or government scientist might fear an admission of a mistake would lead to the loss of funding."